Every person likes the idea of sitting down to a tasty home-cooked meal, yet with today’s active timetables, it can be tougher than ever before to discover the moment to put one together. The good news is, aid is available, the Family-friendly stir fry recipe and suggestions in this short article will assist you assembled healthy meals for your household in a surprisingly, short time. To make Family-friendly stir fry you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Family-friendly stir fry
- Provide 1 cup of brown basmati rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Use 4 of spring onions, finely chopped,.
- You need 1 inch of cube of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated (frozen is also good as it is chopped already).
- You need to prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1 of red chilli, finely chopped (optional).
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots, peeled and sliced into thin strips about 3 cm long.
- You need to prepare 2 cups of broccoli, finely sliced.
- You need to prepare 150 g of bag sugar snap peas.
- You need 1 of pepper, thinly sliced- we like red or orange!.
- Use 2 of small pak choi, finely sliced.
- You need to prepare handful of unsalted cashews.
- Provide of soy sauce, plenty of it! I use about 3-4 tbsps – kikkomen is our fave!.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Provide 2 of large chicken breasts, cut into chunks.
Salt is that the one of the key making the food’s flavor jump around on your tongue. Most of recipes you read will mention when you ought to add salt, however it is a good rule of thumb to add a minimum of a pinch or two after you begin cooking and again at the very end. Your palate are the ultimate guide here, so taste often.
Family-friendly stir fry instructions
- If you have time (and remember to do it!) marinade the chicken chunks in extra soy sauce. Cover and put in the fridge for an hour or so (sometimes I marinade mine just while I'm preparing all the veg if I've forgotten to do it in advance!).
- Place the rice in a pan with 3 cups of boiling water. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Put the lid on and cook for approx. 15 – 20 mins depending on the cooking instructions on the packet. I tend to take the lid off 5 mins before the end of cooking. When nearly all the water is absorbed into the rice, I place the lid back on and remove from the heat and let it steam for a few minutes..
- Whilst the rice is cooking, heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok. Add the spring onions, garlic and ginger (and chilli if using) and fry for a few minutes, stirring every now and again..
- Add the chicken pieces and stir until coated in the oil. Cook on a medium heat with the lid on for approx 10 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked all the way through (you will need to adjust your cooking time depending on how small or large you chunks are!).
- Once the chicken is cooked, add all your chopped veg and heat on a medium-high heat, stirring and tossing your veg continuously. Add your soy sauce, mirin and sweet chilli sauce and make sure all the veg is coated. You may need to add a little more soy sauce. Cook your veg for approx 5 mins..
- Once your veg are just cooked through (you want them to be on the crunchy side rather than floppy and too soft), add your cashew nuts and stir in for a minute or so..
- Once your rice is cooked, add it to your pan with the veg and chicken and mix together. If you prefer not to add rice you could use noodles, or just use more veg and cut the carbs out completely..
- Serve in warm bowls and eat with chopsticks..
I'm back with another quick, easy and super flavorful dish. Our family loves this dish and I hope yours will too! With a bit of added protein it can easily be a meal or it can be made as-is or served alongside some of our favorites including Pork and Mango Stir-Fry. Cooking Light Real Family Food: Simple & Easy Recipes Your Whole Family Will Love. A tasty blend for all the family.
Now that you have actually reached the end of this Family-friendly stir fry recipe, currently try out recipes as well as implement it and take pleasure in. You never ever understand – you just might have located a brand-new vocation.
If you find this Family-friendly stir fry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.