As soon as you understand the basics of cooking, it can be such a releasing as well as compensating experience to produce a simply delicious dish or baked product. The smells in your home as well as the faces of the people that you share it with are valuable. We hope this Bitter gourd stir fry dish will certainly offer you some suggestion for you to become a remarkable chef. You can cook Bitter gourd stir fry using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bitter gourd stir fry
- Use 500 gm of bitter gourds.
- You need 2 of medium size onions.
- Use 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- You need 2 tsp of kashmiri chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asfaoetida.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of jaggery/sugar.
- You need to prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder (optional).
- You need to prepare to taste of Pink Himalayan salt.
Preparation is a very fundamental part of cooking. You want to see to it you have every thing you might need. You also intend to make certain you have all the materials you could need. You don’t wish to be in the middle of a meal and figure out you are missing something essential.
Bitter gourd stir fry instructions
- Wash the bitter gourds well and chop them in thin slices or roundels…if not tender than remove the seeds..
- Take a bowl add the chopped bittergourds in it and sprinkle some 1/2tsp of salt over it and let it rest for atleast 1 hour.(it helps to reduce the bitterness of it).
- After 1hour,you will see it has released some water..take a handful of karelas in your palm and squeeze it nicely,it will release water. Do not break the pieces..and do with the rest as same and remove it in a plate.
- Take a wok or non-stick pan add oil, asafoetida,the squeezed karelas and stir fry till it becomes soft…add onions over and saute till onions becomes translucent..
- Add turmeric, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder (optional), jaggery/sugar,grated coconut and pink salt to taste..(remember bhi have added the salt earlier too…so add according to it)..
- Keep a steam releasing lid and let it cook for 5-7mins more,stir in intervals,so that it doesn't get stick to the bottom..
- When cooked,add some grated coconut on top and mix well..
- Karela bhaji/bitter gourd stir fry is ready to serve wdh chapatis or dal – rice combo..
- Note& Tip:- If you wanna the crispier karelas as a side dish to any meal then cook for sometime more..
Bitter gourd is really, well, bitter, making it almost inedible, especially if you're new to it. However, it is really good for you, and like other acquired tastes, once But in the meantime, if you want to try using bitter gourd in various recipes (it goes particularly well in stir-fries and curries and such) try one of. Bitter Gourd Fry is a less spicy and less oily recipe, good for diabetic patients. Learn how to make/prepare Bitter Gourd Fry by following this This will reduce the bitterness of the bitter gourds. Mix the pieces with the remaining chili powder and salt and turmeric powder.
Cooking a tasty dish for your family members does not need to imply investing hours slaving away in the kitchen area. There are numerous variety of recipes such as Bitter gourd stir fry recipe, you can use to whip together a fantastic meal quickly, quickly your family will be appreciating the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Bitter gourd stir fry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.